This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party [(including our affiliates and subsidiaries)]; or
- Any third party [(including our affiliates and subsidiaries)], including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from [or on] the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
The Site is a general audience site. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the Site. The Internet offers children wonderful educational and entertainment resources. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience. We encourage you to visit the Direct Marketing Association’s Web site (www.the-dma.org) and explore the Get CyberSavvy! Program as well as the GetNetWise Web site (www.getnetwise.org) to learn more about parental control tools
Active Information Collection
Like many websites, this Website actively collects information from its visitors both by asking them specific questions and by permitting them to communicate directly with us via e-mail, feedback forms, social media and so forth. Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable information (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your full name, address, e-mail address, phone number and so on).
Some areas of this Site may require you to submit information in order for you to benefit from the specified features (such as help finding Adult and Mixed Doubles adult leagues teams, help finding Adult and Mixed Doubles adult leagues players, tips/pointers, and so forth) or to participate in a particular activity (such as promotional giveaways, sportsmanship/award nominations and so forth). You will be informed at each information collection point what information is required and what information is optional.
In order to access some of the services or applications offered by the USTA St. Louis, you may be required to register and/or provide personal information, such as name, email, telephone number, age, and NTRP rating (“Registration Data”). In addition, we may collect:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of [registering to use our Website,] [subscribing to our service,] [posting material,] [or requesting further services]. We may also ask you for information [when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and] when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically collects statistical data which does not include personal information. This helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Error! Reference source not found..
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Error! Reference source not found..]
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your membership, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our tournaments or other services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To our affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our services and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use for tournaments, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the tournament officials.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- You can review and change your personal information by logging into USTA.com and visiting your account profile page.
- You may also send us an email at to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
- California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
- If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit www.oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to us at or write us at: USTA St. Louis, 1 First Missouri Center, Suite 115, St. Louis, MO, 63141.